Friday, November 16, 2012

Girl & the Goat FromMe2U

In order to dine at Girl & the Goat I made my reservations 3 months in advance. Yes, 3 months. I have been wanting to dine here for a year, so to say I was excited when the day finally came to try it is an understatement.
Girl & the Goat at last

Here are a few highlights from dinner. [Note: really wanted to try the goat legs (I know that sounds odd but it is "Girl & the Goat after all) but sadly they were all out]

{Goat Empanada}
{Quail Egg over Pork Belly}
{Duck Fat Fries - we ordered 2!}
{Trout}
Shiitake-caramel Gelato

I was very impressed with the atmosphere. Excellent dim lighting, intimate, trendy & crowded, but not so loud you can't hear what the person next to you is saying. Not to mention impeccable service.

Overall, I thought the food was good and very unique. For me G&G has been so hyped up that I don't think it really ever could have lived up to it. I loved the goat empanadas - so flavorful. The quail egg and pork belly combination was incredible. And of course the duck fat fries. I definitely want to go back as G&G changes their menu frequently, and they were out of a few things that I would like to try. For dessert, the shiitake-caramel gelato was very unique and a must. Where else would you find something like that!?

Make a reservation at G&G. Plan ahead and go. And remember to breathe when you get the bill and remind yourself of how flavorful the food was. Good enough that you'll be thinking about it the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment