Thursday, July 26, 2012

Linguine Carbonara FromMe2U

During one of my "dinner and a movie nights" (a.k.a. Bachelorette) this month, I made Linguine Carbonara. This is one of my favorite Italian dishes to make. This particular pasta dish always keeps you on your toes because the timing of everything is crucial!

For this recipe I used about 1 lb. of linguine. I recommend using fresh pasta because it truly makes a difference. While your water is boiling for the linguine, you should start to saute the pancetta because it takes about 10-20 minutes. This recipe calls for 1/4 lb. of pancetta but I always get a touch more because it is so flavorful. In the pan add diced pancetta, 1 tbs. unsalted butter, 1 tbs. olive oil and garlic. 

Pancetta

I. LOVE. garlic. This recipe calls for 2 cloves but 
I put in at least 4 or 5.Garlic makes everything better.

Next step. In a large bowl combine eggs, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper:

4 Eggs

flat-leaf parsley

Whisk to Blend

All Mixed Together
This next step is the most important. Once the pasta is al dente it is ready to be added to the egg mixture. Use tongs and combine the two. It is important for the pasta to be hot so that it can cook the eggs when they are combined. 

Combining Egg Mixture and Linguine
Pancetta is ready!
Add Pancetta to the pasta
Garlic Bread for a Side Dish
Dinner is Served!

I always make garlic bread to go along with this pasta dish. I melt butter with 4 to 6 garlic cloves (because I love garlic) and a pinch of parsley and brush it on the loaf of bread. The recipe I used for the linguine carbonara is from a William Sonoma cookbook, but I would also recommend Giada De Laurentis' version. Next time I make carbonara I will share Giada's recipe. It's time for the Bachelorette!


No comments:

Post a Comment