Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hummus FromMe2U

Last night when I came home from work I was in the mood to make hummus. This was my third time making hummus, and I wanted to see if there were any tweaks I could make to mine. I have recently started to look up recipes on pinterest, (which is becoming one of my favorite sites) so I decided to browse the site to see if there was anything new I could add to my traditional hummus recipe. One recipe called for tabasco sauce and that seemed like the perfect addition to my hummus recipe.

For this recipe you will need a cuisinart in order to puree all of the ingredients properly. I use about 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas and put most of them in the cuisinart first. I then alternate between the remaining chickpeas and olive oil and lemon juice. I use 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil and about 3-4 tbsp. of lemon juice (about 2 lemons). Depending on taste and how moist it is you should add more or less of each.

Chickpeas
In the Cuisinart!
Lemons
Garlic (of course)

Next I added 4 - 6 drops of tabasco (to taste), 3-5 garlic cloves (I always add more), 1/3 cup tahini, and a pinch of salt. If the hummus is not moist enough add 1-2 tbsp. of the chickpea liquid. 
Time to Eat!
 I always drizzle some more olive oil on top of the dish and a dash of paprika. You can add whatever kind of veggies or bread to dip in the hummus. I typically serve it with green and red peppers, celery sticks, and grilled naan. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment