Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grange Hall Burger FromMe2U

I finally got to try this burger joint on my lunch break last week. I was looking forward to trying the burger and also really excited to try their pies. They make fresh seasonal pies and have a new pie selection each month!

First off, I loved the atmosphere. They really nailed the country and farm style with communal wooden tables. Nice touch.

As far as food goes, yes, I liked my burger. Have I had better? Yes. The bun was clearly freshly made which is always a plus. I ordered sharp white cheddar with my burger which was not very flavorful for some reason. I do compare just about every burger place to DMK and this burger didn't quite compete. It was good. Not great. On to the fries. I have never been a big fan of steak fries, but I ordered them anyway to see if Grange Hall could pull it off. They were just OK. Not too flavorful and just a lot of potato.

Ok this isn't an entirely negative review I promise. I typically don't order dessert, but freshly baked pies? How can you turn that down.
I ordered the pecan pie which was quite possibly one of the best pecan pie's I have ever had. They top it with a generous scoop of luscious homemade whipped cream. The cream combined with the pie is heavenly. They make their own ice cream too, which I am sure is equally as amazing.

Would I go back? I'm not going to rush back for a burger, but I would stop by for dessert any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment